The Ghost Hunting (Or Plasm hunting) event existed in 2016 for the duration of the Halloween Pack in the Cubit Store. Players could set traps to catch Plasms, which they could then put on display in Ecto Containment Units. (Plasms can now also be put in Spirit Lamps, which became available in the 2017 edition of the Halloween Pack.)
During this event, Plasm mobs would spawn anywhere, from Mines to Realms. However, the Plasms, or ghosts, could not be seen unless the player was wearing a Psychic Revelation Cap, gotten from the Hunter Kit.
|Psychic Revelation Cap||Quest or Event Item||Hunter Kit|
This hat is one of the two available in the Hunter Kit. When a player is wearing it, the hat can detect nearby Plasms, making them visible.
|Psychic Repulsion Cap||Quest or Event Item||Hunter Kit|
This is the other hat available. When the player is wearing it, it repels Plasms, pushing them away.
- The goal is to detect the Plasms with the Psychic Revelation Cap, then push them onto Plasm Traps with the Psychic Repulsion Cap to capture them.
|Paranormal Index Bumper||Quest or Event Item||Hunter Kit|
The Paranormal Index is an information bumper, that when accessed will show you all the Plasms you currently have in Ecto Containment (works only when right next to the container) Units (see below) and how many you are still missing. This is quite useful for making sure you have the full collection.
|Ghost Gate||Quest or Event Item||Hunter Kit|
See below in the Containment Pack section for how to use the Ghost Gate.
|Plasm Trap||Quest or Event Item||Plasm Traps Pack|
- Plasm traps are gotten from the Plasm Traps pack. A Plasm trap can be placed like a normal block, but be careful. Once placed, the Plasm trap cannot be pulled up again. It is higly recommended to do all your ghost hunting in Mines, since it does not matter if you misplace a trap.
- Once you find a Plasm with the Psychic Revelation Cap, place a Plasm trap nearby, then equip the Psychic Repulsion Cap and push the ghost onto the Plasm trap. This is a lot easier if you have a buddy and work with them, having one of you wearing each kind of hat. Teamwork!
- When the someone nearby is wearing the Psychic Revelation Cap, everyone in their vicinity can also see ghosts. This works with Mannequins as well, meaning if you put the Psychic Revelation Cap on a Mannequin, you will be able to see Plasms, if there are any nearby.
|Full Plasm Trap||Quest or Event Item||Catching a Plasm|
|Ecto Containment Unit||Quest or Event Item||Containment Pack|
An Ecto Containment Unit is used to display your trapped Plasms. The Unit is placed like a normal block, and is empty at first. To put a Plasm inside, place a Ghost Gate (see above) right next to the Containment Unit. For this to work, the Gate must be touching the Unit. Then, walk up to the Ghost Gate. A button will appear to access it. Once you have opened it, drag your trapped Plasm onto the single slot, and it will immediately be transferred into the Ecto Containment Unit. When you stand next to a Unit that has a ghost in it, a box of text will appear (similarly to the Crude Signpost) which tells you what type of Plasm is currently in the Containment Unit.
- If you dig up an Ecto Containment Unit with a Plasm in it, the Plasm will be released and will disappear.
Here is a list of all the Plasms that are out and about during this event. They can all be found at random, wandering around rooms, Realms, and mines.
- There are 26 Plasms in total.
- Here is an image of all the Plasms that can be found, as of 2016. (Created by Gdog)(There are new Plasms now in 2017, but no one has taken good pictures of them yet.)
- Look below in the table to find out how to find each Plasm.
|Secretive Plasm||Forest Mines|
|Sandy Plasm||Desert Mines|
|Flowery Plasm||Tropical Mines|
|Frosty Plasm||Arctic Mines|
|Cave Plasm||Cave Mines|
|Horned Plasm||Mountain Mines|
|Dark Plasm||Realms with Dark|
|Angry Plasm||Realms with Red Murk|
|Cloudy Plasm||Realms with Bottomless|
|Soggy Plasm||Realms with Light Rain|
|Stormy Plasm||Realms with Thunderstorm|
|Flakey Plasm||Realms with Light Snow|
|Cold Plasm||Realms with Blizzard|
|Smokey Plasm||Realms with Foggy|
|Treble Plasm||Realms playing music|
|Chef Plasm||Realms with a Stove placed|
|Chill Plasm||Realms playing Qbee Fields music|
|Grim Plasm||Realms playing The Cubening|
|Scarecrow Plasm||Realms with crops growing|